Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got this far in the build but I'm stumped now. Where exactly do these pieces go, how should they be positioned and how will they improve the look? Thanks in advance.

P.S. - No laughing at the sidepipes. They were to get through inspection...

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
My under-the-door pieces looked entirely different(also a Mk III). No idea what those are for? :confused:
Baron

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
There what FFR was supplying for under door aluminum when the Mark III first came out.
They are making parts that fit now. Give them a call.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
If you want to use those, you have to bend them yourself and trim them slightly...

The later Mk III came with a pre-bent and cut panel that fits much better...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
They go the other way round, wavy side next to body. Press on large bulb seal and they actually almost fit.

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
I called FFR about those and they sent me some new style parts that are designed to actually fit.

Greg

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to call FFR to see if I can get the newer style parts.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
The new style fit perfect. Only thing I needed to do was trim to lenth,otherwise they go right in. The manual only shows the older style but once you have the new ones in hand it will be apperent how they fit.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Heat shields for the BBQ your going to have at the build party.... Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
567 Posts
Jeff What's to laugh at, the Tig welds on the ends of those side pipes look great. If I get time, I'm going to replace the heat sheilds on those pipes someday.

Iggy

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Off topic on my own post...

Iggy, I apologize. You are right. Those pipes are a thing of beauty. They got me through CT inspection and that makes them the most beautiful thing on my car as far as I'm concerned. ;)

I will continue to hold them and watch for then next person that needs them. I would be more than happy to help defray the cost if you want to replace the shields. It's the least I could do for the use of them. Let me know if/when you are ready. My GAS-N pipes are going on in the next two weeks. Thanks again for the use of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts