Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the auto tranny which will be tossed for a t-5 and the non-HO 5.0 which would be rebuilt anyway to HO specs- heads, cam, injectors, TB, pistons etc, can this car be utilized? The rear axle has quad shocks but I assume its a 7.5. Its my daily driver and its "free"

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
The rear should be an 8.8 but I belive it is wider, plus the lower front control arms and the steering rack is longer the the mustangs. I believe the spindles are the same as long as you have the 11" front brakes. Also the car is a speed density system. Dan

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
There is really not much that you can use so if the car is running it will be worth more as a complete car. So sell it and use the cash to get the donnor car or parts. The T-Bird/Cougar are wider than the Mustang and the back axle upper and lower arms are longer. What this means is about all you can use are the front spindles and the brakes. Others have used the back axle but I have seen comments about problems getting wheels with the correct back space. I have an 85 Turbo bird so I am familiar with these cars.
good luck and welcome to the fun
David W

1 - 3 of 3 Posts