Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have the wrong pulley set up. I had problems with my order anyway, so this crossed my mind. I have tried calling FFR, but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone that has done this with this engine and kit could send me a pick of what theirs looks like or offer some assistance. I just have a pulley with a bolt and spacer that necks down for the pulley to fit and that's it. I know it seems like a pretty simple task, but it just doesn't make sense the way it is now. I think I need a bracket or another part to replace the AC pump. If you need a pic of the current set up or of what the pulley set up looks like, just let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Jason,
I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong part. The A/C eliminator from FRPP for the 4.6 has a aluminum mount with (I think) 3 long bolts that screw into the block just like the A/C pump does.

By the way, you can just dump the P/S pump and short belt around it. Don't remember the exact length (maybe 66"?) but a quick search for "short belt" on the DOHC forum on Corral.net should get you what you need to know.

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
AC Eliminator Kit, only for the 4.6 MKIII's:

here are some posts regarding this:
AC eliminator bracket/pulley - mounted right?
MKIII: Mystery bracket
MK III 4.6L DOHC: AC Eliminator Installed

Basically it allows you to eliminate the A/C pump, keeping the same belt configuration, you can't just remove it and install a smaller belt... it doesn't work that way.

You can either:

1- keep the AC system and run the AC Compressor... using either Quality Roadsters's or North Cobras's AC systems

2- Use the provided bracket/ pulley from FFR

or 3- Buy an AC eliminator kit from Five Star Ford (Talk to MAX) (this is what I did) and here's mine:

Good Luck !!

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts