Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deep into the electrical right now. We're using the AAW carb harness for the body and Ryan's EFI harness (via Mass-Flo) for the Mass-Flo EFI.

I have the rear of the chassis wired and all starting/battery circuits done.

I've had the Mass-Flo harness on before to fire the car (and all worked fine). Now I am starting to wire the dash and it just hit me...

I've got the red charge warning light, but I've already hooked the alternator exciter up to the Mass-Flo/RJM harness. I know the alt will charge fine this way, but I have no indicator light.

Of course the harness is already cleaned up and wrapped too. Any ideas where this exciter wire goes in the harness? I don't see it at the ECM's 60-pin or at any of the relays. I'd hate to unwrap this harness AGAIN (don't ask)...

The only thing I can think of is to route the Mass-Flo exiter back to the dash bulb and then back to the alternator. Again, more wiring and having to open up the harness I've already wrapped...

Thanks, and Gobble-Gobble!

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Mark,

I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your pain. I shrunk wrapped and put split-loom on all my rear wires and was about to route them through the conduit I riveted up to the tunnel. Then I realized I didn't have the EFI fuel pump wire included.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That happened in my rear harness too, but with the tag light going into the trunk lid. Had all the rear wiring including fuel pump and fuel sender, and forgot the tag light. At least I could easily tap into the parking light circuit in the rear and didn't have to go back too far into the harness...

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. Now hopefully an answer to my real problem!

Mark

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Are you going to have a voltmeter on the dash? If so, the warning light is repetitive. If the light is already in the dash, you could use it for something else. Parking brake warning light perhaps?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul...

I thought of that too, since my parking brake still has the micro switch on it.

I was really hoping to make it a "check gauge" light like my wife's Explorer, but the Auto Meter Tri-Alert I have (no longer in production) doesn't seem to work with electronic gauges like the Cobalts (more than one wire going to the sending unit)...

Yes it is repetitive, but it also would call attention. I was hoping with the Tri-Alert that if the temp went up or volts, fuel, or oil went down the light would come on...

Mark

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts