Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been injected for too long and forgotten my roots. I need advice from Potato Heads on which intake and carb to use:

Application - '67 cougar, 289, C6 auto (yes - really), 3.25:1 rear end. '88 5.0L heads with good springs and air pump boss ground out of exhaust port, long tube headers, daily driver type with some fun. 9.2:1 CR. Roller cam - 0.533", 215 degrees (at 0.050).

Intake choices: Offenhauser 360 degree single plane intake, or early 70's Ford "off-roads parts" (i.e. their old X- part numbers) dual plane.

Carb: Holley 1850 600 CFM vacuum OR Edelbrock 1404 (old Carter design) 500 CFM.

Advice appreciated.

Inman

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Micheal, if you're a Ford fanatic, you'd know the C6 must be off the 351W towing package motors, circa '73. The stall was a little higher than stock because of that (maybe 200-300 RPM higher). At one time when I dropped that tranny in, I was going to put a turbo on it, hence the C6. Of course, blowers are plentiful nowadays and I do have forged pistons....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Michael - I wasn't trying to dis you. I realize in reading now that it came out in a condescending manner - OOPS! Thanks for the advice - I was leaning towards dual-plane, but I don't have much experience with single and it's good to sound off you gents with the experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.