Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Charter Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost I owe you a taste of the fun from the last photo shoot. Special thanks to Doug Weatherby for coming through with the sidepipes. You da man Doug!

<center>
</center>

Shes almost done now, but I need some help getting her roadworthy. First issue

1.) Headlights - should there be some kind of clips that go on the backside of the body? Can someone post a pic of how these are mounted or the hardware used. I have all the holes drilled into the body but the screws I have are too small for the holes

2.) Bulb Seal- I'm all out! I need just a little bit more for the radiator aluminum. Anyone have a bit to spare?

3.) Alignment - Where do I get one. Do the standard, Just tires type places know what to do with muy adjustable control arms? (because I dont)

4.) WTF is this part?
<center>
</center>Seriously. I have a sneaking suspicion it is both important and that it belongs somewhere incredibly hard to reach.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts

They look like great build buddies. :D

Regarding alignment, I'd suggest a good race shop. Most regular tire places, even though they have the technology, don't know how to set up the computerized alignment machines with custom specs.

Cheers,

Will

·
Junior Charter Member
333 Posts
There were sidepipes!!!

·
Charter Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what my dad said, "There's a car in those photos?"

I can't resist posting up some more from the previous shoot. There were over 400 shots taken for the below shoot, over 900 for the one with the body on the car.

But seriously, answer my damn questions. I'm only posting these goodies to bribe you into sending me some bulb seal and whatever clips would secure my lights.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
woof!

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Dude I thought you were going to invite me to the photo shoot :( An here I thought you were my buddy. :confused:

I am sure you can schedule another one with my car right????

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Wish I had build buddies like them....

Lile

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
I'd make the build last a long time with help like that. Headlight bucket(plastic) screws into the openings. No clips used there. One of the better instruction in the build manual was about the headlight assembly. Lots of photos.
Find an alignment shop that can enter the specs manually into the alignment machine. Use the specs in the build manual and have them set front end to those.

·
Charter Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Foster, now you know why it's taken me five years to get this far.

So the trunk latch already has that piece in place, (thanks Batman). That's a weight off my shoulders.

Anyone find some bulb seal or think of a good speed shop in LA to get that alignment done?

·
Charter Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hind Sight, I think I may have a different kind of headlight assembly. I've got a Mark II kit, though the body may be from a mark 3.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
owooooo!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts