1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice, those rims look great. Scalded Dog are you running tubular LCA’s? Those rims look a little wide for any tight turning radius.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes,I have the FFR LCAs. My wheel/tire combo should be good, 95 Cobra with 245/45/17 9' rims. I triple and quadruple checked with the FFR guys and several guys on the forum. I hope I'm o.k.

Also, those goofy center caps are history. I have skake heads, but may try to fabricate a set with the Cobra logo.

·
Premium Member
10,310 Posts
Bling-Bling!!

Looking good...you've been working hard.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Very nice. Keep up the good work!

·
Junior Charter Member
195 Posts
those are some of the nicest bullits I've ever seen great work!

·
Newbie...
86 Posts
Looking good mate. The great thing about those bullit wheels is you can show off the Cobra brakes which look awesome!

I am sooo jealous of all you guys that have your go-karts already! I just got my build manual and I have to be happy with that!

·
Cobra Crazy
845 Posts
Looking good. Don't stop now you need a motor to go-kart!!

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys,
Between work and the holidays coming up I'm not going to get much done. Hopefully that week after xmas I can knock out a bunch of stuff.

Hind Sight, just cleaned the shop, it was a mess. I just throw tools and parts everywhere when I'm working and have to take time every week or so to clean up.

Cobrajose, I saw yours the other day, we also have the same tires. No problem with the center caps so far? I hate those "R" center caps. I have these to put on with a snake head.

They look better in person. Someday I may fabricate a set with the FMS coiled Cobra. I don't think FMS replacement center caps will fit my wheels. I got my wheels from customwheelsmarket.com they were great guys to deal with, very knowledgable. The anthricite bullitts they sell will take a FMS replacement cap no problem, but the chromes won't.

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Looking good Russ.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Perry,
Yea the Anthricites were back ordered till January. Hopefully this is not too much bling. I tried to buy the same wheels you had from FFR but they wouldn't have worked with a SN95 rear (wrong backspace)
You got that motor fired up yet?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Sometimes I wish that I had gotten the chrome finish. Yours look awesome! Here is a pick of mine in the gray finish. I have since added spinners.

·
Senior Charter Member
883 Posts
SD, those look great. Extend that passenger footbox now while you can. I wish I had done it but thought I'll never have a passenger. WRONG!
Aloha, Karl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts