Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with FFR last Dec. and again in February and was told that they were close to offering a Hardtop and only a Side Window issue remained.

My Build has been "Sittin on Hold" since late 03'.
(I Really wanted that Whitby Top.)

I Want to fit the Top and get the Windshield Angle Correct before I sent it out to be Shot. (Hopefully, Ron Randall can fit me in.... once a Top is available.) :D

Anyone Know ...........

"What's the Story?" :confused:

·
15,282 Posts
Lots of rumors about the hardtop lately. I say call FFR. Some guys that were at the open house claimed that the hardtop project was abandoned to focus on the GTM200 and other efforts, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

There are other hardtops out there, but like you I'd rather stick with FFR. Keep us posted if you get answers from someone in MA.

Cheers, John

·
5,559 Posts
Just finish the car and add the the top later! It really doesn't affect anything at all when you adjust the windshield, in fact, you'll have to set it up all over again once the body is back on after painting anyway. If you're worried about the slots in the body or something, then ask someone with an APE top for instance, what angle they used. It will at least give you a solid approximation to use for fitting purposes before paint. As long as you don't choose some paint color that is custom mixed the day the body is painted, you should have no problem matching the hardtop later either.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the FFR version, as they have way too many irons in the fire to get to something that insignificant as far as income goes anyway. Your car will become an antique FFR if you hold off finishing just for a top, that will most likely not be used as much as you think it will...

Brian

·
Junior Charter Member
719 Posts
Hey, CaptAl,

Sorry your still waiting on that hardtop for paint, you must be chomping at the bit to get the car finished. I've got a couple of questions on the FFR tubular control arm set up if you have the time.

Matt

·
Junior Charter Member
1,996 Posts
I have to agree with Brian. Talk to an APE owner, and get their dimensions since the FFR top is essentially the same (I heard that from a good source)!

On the Whitby top...... Well, I am still building so it doesnt matter too much to me yet!

·
Senior Charter Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got off the phone with FFR.

The release of their Hardtop is still on hold.

Seems the Top is ready but they are now pursuing a vender that can supply Quality Side Windows for their Top.

No projected release Date was Given.

Looks Like its time for Plan (B).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts