Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cobra Grandstand is for FFR discussions only. If you post an off-topicpost, we may move it to the Grandstand II area or delete it all together. We don't mind the OT posts, so long as they don't interupt the flow.

Please do not post things about cobraforums problems or progress or anything on this site. I'm banned from the cobraforum for starting this little website so I have a real problem with helping Mike Senior in any way.

Do not talk bad about Meat here. He's not posting, so how can the guy defend himself? In fact, please don't talk bad about anyone here!

Let's keep this site fun and leave the politics for some other place. We are here to help FFR builders and owners, not to gossip or bash people.

The FFCars Bill of Rights

Here are some basic policies for the FFCars forums. Please try and maintain these guidelines to ensure a smooth running forum without bantering and ill feelings. If you ever feel someone is not abiding by these rules, please email [email protected] and we will review the topic and either ask the person to edit the statements or we may delete the comments that are out of line.

Vendor Relations and Experiences
POLICY: Only the parties DIRECTLY involved in a vendor/customer interaction are welcome to post about the experience. Fellow members with useful suggestions based on solid facts, remedies, and solutions, rather than personal opinions and personal attitudes, may respond.
COMMENT: There is value in sharing experiences where the sharing brings a swift end to a real problem someone else is having. What is oh-so hateful and destroying in forums is when people with hate in their hearts and foul agenda's reply and it becomes useless gossip and innuendo, then it becomes childishness. I don't think it has to be too cumbersome to police. I think we are a mature group of people who want to keep our little serene (usually) post-haven a fun place to frequent.

Respect Your Fellow Members
POLICY: Do not belittle, disparage, ridicule, or make fun of a fellow member. This includes name-calling, questioning people’s integrity/knowledge in a disparaging way, or openly trashing someone’s reputation online.
COMMENT: The Internet is a funny place. It’s easy for people to think that they’re a 7’ tall, 300 pounds Kick-boxer while online. Just try and post comments that you wouldn’t mind saying to someone in person. We will be having events in the future and you may one day have to face that person, so be careful what you say. You don’t want to be watching your back at Cobra events, do you?

Treat New Members With Kid Gloves
POLICY: All new members will be treated with an equal amount of respect as long standing members. We will not forget that we were they once. Allow them to post questions and answer the question even if it has been asked and answered 100 times somewhere else or can be found on the FFR FAQ pages. If you feel so strongly about directing people to search old topics instead of answering the question, just kindly tell them the answer and say, “you can also find that information by performing a search or by looking at the FFR FAQ.”
COMMENT: We love new members because they aspire to own a car like the one we’ve already built or are currently building. These people just want to hang out and pick our brains. If we could exchange beer here, they would even buy us a beer and sit and listen for hours about what we have to say. This is a good thing; let’s encourage questions and comments, no matter how ridiculous or insignificant it may sound.

Comments are welcome.

1,033 Posts
Amen!!!

· FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
I like the "buy a beer" part of the post :D . Hmmmm...how do we get this to work on the internet. BeerPal.com? Once registered you can designate the person you want to drink the beer you're buying and BeerPal.com will nick your credit card. Then the recipient can go to the nearest BeerPal.com participating watering hole and drink the allotment ;) .

Rick

· Registered
106 Posts
Rick....

If we each installed a fully web-driven Beer-O-Matic system in our cars, with the special high-volume storage option and real time debiting, we could do all of this transparently while enjoying our favorite toys! Ain't America grand?! :D

12,704 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PiMan:
Rick....

If we each installed a fully web-driven Beer-O-Matic system in our cars, with the special high-volume storage option and real time debiting, we could do all of this transparently while enjoying our favorite toys! Ain't America grand?! :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BUT, I DONT DRINK...........NOT

earl

· FFCobra Fanatic
2,507 Posts
Besides being real thirsty now I fully agee with the above. I've never been a real fan of forums but this place is different. It takes owning a car with no dealership or single company to provide tech support,(not meant as an FFR bash I think they are great at tech support on what they supply but how many of us have a Stock kit)and give us almost instant and Free advice on how to fix and improve things. There are not many places in the automotive world or any other area that this happens this well. I'm sure there are other places for people to get on a soap box just not here. OOPs I think I was just on that soap box my self :rolleyes:
anyway enough from me lets talk about cars

· Registered
37 Posts
I don't know you Rick W. but you've certainly got a knack for puuting things in perspective.
I agree the Forum should be for everyone to participate in. I know myself I'm no ace mechanic or skilled craftsman like some out there, I just love cars and especially the type we can't call them that anymore.
I think there is a website call beerpal.com??

· Senior Charter Member
599 Posts
Bill,

Great idea. We have a fresh new start here, let's appreciate it for what it is and save the social politics for elsewhere.

Anyone able to find Edmonton up here in the frozen north will be provided with all the free beer they can drink. And caribou steaks.

All the best,
Bobby Boychuk

6,279 Posts
Bill,

Well said and timely. I was just admiring how informative the thread topics have become here. Very refreshing. Keep up the good work.

· Premium Member
330 Posts
I agree. Bill, thank you for making this forum available. (FFR to be shipped in April, and I'll need all the help I can get!)

There is never an excuse for failing to treat people with respect and courtesy.

Thanks to all who lend their experience here.

Buddy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.