Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the go kart to get it aligned Saturday. I'm running 15" wheels with 255 60s front and 275 50s rear.

What's everyone using for alignment specs? I know the book has numbers, but have any of you found better settings. I'll be mostly cruising in the car with some spirited driving occasionally and maybe an autocross once or twice a year.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
I set up my own with a magnetic degree gauge and a piece of string...so far , it tracks like a rock...used the manual specs....I can take my hands off the wheel , and there is no movement...tight turns have not been any problem...I have the Flaming River 18:1 rack and universal steering joint..I don't plan on any racing , however. I do drive it fast through the mountains. :cool:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Senior Charter Member
591 Posts
CobraTom,
I use a 15:1 Flaming River rack and 17" tires. My specs are 4 deg caster, 1 deg negative, and 0 toe. Works pretty well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mr. Barry, You do the kind of driving I do. For serious driving, I read to use the 14" steering wheel in leather, the 17" wheels and the Flaming River steering, ratio unknown. I once changed the steering wheel on an MGB for a smaller one and it dramatically changed steering effort to be a pain. I don't want to make that mistake again. What's your complete setup for that rock solid feel, without being too heavy?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
I'm the same as Aaron and have 15" wheels. Works well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.