Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
The inner tie rod will twist in the swivel. Use the hex on the inner tie rod to make your in/out adjustments on your tie rod end. It's made for that purpose.

Scott

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inner tie rod will twist in the swivel. Use the hex on the inner tie rod to make your in/out adjustments on your tie rod end. It's made for that purpose.

Scott
Ok that's what I was trying to do. It would not move so I was hesitant.

Thank you

·
Not a waxer
11,637 Posts
Looks better thank you
Looks like in the process you've twisted the rack bellows all to hell though. Remove the spring clip and unwind it. If you adjust the other side remove the clip first so that the inner tie rod can spin inside of it.

Jeff

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,368 Posts
There are a lot of different racks and probably as many different boots so I can't say this is an absolute. But on mine those clamps no longer exist. The boot is tight enough to stay in place by itself. Some times I even need to stick a pocket screwdriver in to squirt a little oil so it revolves freely when I adjust toein.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a lot of different racks and probably as many different boots so I can't say this is an absolute. But on mine those clamps no longer exist. The boot is tight enough to stay in place by itself. Some times I even need to stick a pocket screwdriver in to squirt a little oil so it revolves freely when I adjust toein.
Ok I will work on it tomorrow. Thank you.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts