Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About Five months ago I ordered Wheel Well Liners for my roadster and have never received them and my check hasn't been cashed. I have called him numerous times and left messages and have not gotten a call back. I have tried to e-mail on yahoo and gmail and they both come back as no such address. I have texted him and still no reply. I really would like to have a set of his Wheel Wells after I read how well other Forum Members liked them. Has anyone done any business with him lately?

·
Registered
621 Posts
You’re not the only one who has tried to reach him. You’re actually the 3rd person I know with the same story of an uncashed check. AFAIK he’s been MIA since January. Hope he’s okay.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
My son bought the Wheel Well Liner set up for the Roadster for me for Christmas 2019. Paid in full and that must have been in early December. Then in January Alex told my son shipping had increased, so my son paid the added charge. I called him in late Feb +- for an update on delivery. Oregon had shut down his access to materials for the Liner set. It is now August (6 months) and I still have not seen anything or any contact from him. I called him last month and had to leave a message. About a month has gone by and no return of my call. I'll call again but I'm getting worried.

George

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ugh. That’s disheartening. He was always an asset to our community and provided great quality products. I had been on the fence about getting either the shallow or deep glove boxes of his. Guess I may have missed the boat. I feel like every year we lose another great vendor.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Alex’s Custom Roadster Interiors http://acroadsterinteriors.com/Fenderliners.html

I just got off the phone with Alex.

Good news, he’s trying to catch up with past orders. He promised me my Wheel Well Liners will ship this Friday.
I’ll try to make this short. The virus has not hit him medically but has caused a big change in the access to the shop he was working in. He lost access to a shop he and a friend has been using for years as the friend had to move the shop south, I think to California. None the less, as this move began to happen he also lost his phone # to this shop. After working with the phone company, though, he finally got it back and I think I was his first business call out. He also lost access to the molding equipment he was using for the glove box, however, he did get back a mold for the glove box and is working to get it going again. Part of the problem existed because during the beginning of this virus thing he lost total access to the shop with his stuff in it, including the patterns to the Wheel Well Liners. He’s also got those back and is working to complete four sets with the materials he now has.

I think Alex means well and likes doing these items for our cars but note that this is not his living but a side job that does not pay him a lot of money and earlier this year shipping costs increased which makes it hard to make a profit at all. I know Mike Everson stopped shipping his radiator shroud.

Alex is now answering his phone again and trying to connect with those who have orders with him. He does not have a history of calls and messages made to his phone though.
Let’s hope he can get it all together again and keep producing the fine products he has in the past.

George

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alex just called me and told me my livers will ship before the end of the week. The only thing that he asked was that I make up the difference in the shipping cost above the $30.00 that I had already sent to cover the shipping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alex just called me and told me my livers will ship before the end of the week. The only thing that he asked was that I make up the difference in the shipping cost above the $30.00 that I had already sent to cover the shipping. He said that he works on low profit margin, that the increase in shipping has eaten most of his profit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Awesome!!

And BTW, Mike Everson will ship the radiator shroud if you’re willing to pay the $89 shipping cost like I did. I’m sure I totally overpaid for it but my time is limited these days. It was part of a larger order anyway so is what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts