Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AirCare web site said:
The current testing contract with Envirotest Canada to provide light-duty vehicle emissions testing in this region runs until December 31, 2011. The Province has not made a decision on the future of light-duty vehicle emissions testing beyond 2011. In 2009 - 2010, the Province is scheduled to review the performance of AirCare and determine if automobile emissions remain a significant contributor to the air quality in this region and, if so, the most suitable program model for the future.
My FFR was registered in 2005 so I believe I will have to pass AirCare in 2011. I'm hoping the Province dumps AirCare and replaces it with AggressiveDriver Care or StupidSpeeder Care ... :D

·
Senior Charter Member
1,413 Posts
My FFR was registered in 2005 so I believe I will have to pass AirCare in 2011. I'm hoping the Province dumps AirCare and replaces it with AggressiveDriver Care or StupidSpeeder Care ... :D
Ain't that the truth. I can't see aircare being sustained past 2011.
New cars are so clean they say vehicles running in polluted cities like Shanghai have cleaner emissions coming out the tail pipe than going in the intake--no joke.
Dean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but can you guys elaborate on your AirScare experience? I am wondering if you guys are running cats?

Did you guys procure a BC assigned VIN for your vehicles? Sounds as though the car will be registered based on the year you get your VIN?

I'm in the research phase obviously. Found a good looking donor. Thanks!

·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, your requirement to pass AirCare is based on the year you register but we have to meet a 1988 emission standard which is easy even with a modified engine. However, the AirCare testing station visually inspects the exhaust looking for catalytic converters and if they are not installed it an automatic FAIL.

I have a set of cats sitting in a box but run the J pipes instead.

You have to acquire a BC VIN plate because the FFR does not have a BC approved VIN number. The BC VIN plate is attached to the car after it passes the BC vehicle inspection by an approved shop. You can find the application form for a VIN at most ICBC agents. You should find an inspection station before sending the form to ICBC as they will courier the plate to the inspection station in anticipation of your appointment. There are several sympathetic inspection shop around while others are impossible.

I put my first FFR through AirCare twice, once to renew the tag and a second time to sell it. It passed easily with the cats installed.

Not sure how the owners with the 4 in to 4 headers will deal with the cat problem. It sure will be expensive to buy shorty headers, cats and side pipes just for one trip to AirCare.

Hmmm ... maybe I'll make a small fortune renting mine out :biggrinking:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Perfect :(

I might be able to register the car in 2011 but I DO have 4 into 4's...this should be an interesting experience. Rod - I might be in the market to rent!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Perfect :(

I might be able to register the car in 2011 but I DO have 4 into 4's...this should be an interesting experience. Rod - I might be in the market to rent!

Andrew
Andrew, not to worry, there is no Aircare in the interior.:001_smile:

Jim.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Andrew, not to worry, there is no Aircare in the interior.:001_smile:

Jim.
Thanks Jim! See what happens when you read posts without knowing the background information...

How's the car coming along? I'm on the road yet again...so another week of hotels and no work on the car.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts