Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my pipes and headers and J's off at Airborn in West Hartford, CT about 2-3 weeks ago. I called on a regular basis to try to speed the process, but now to the real story. I went there yesterday to pick up my stuff and right before paying for them i asked Scott how my pipes looked because we took the time to grind down all the welds and finish them before we had them coated. His jaw dropped cause one of the workers must have missread one of the serial numbers on the pipes cause my beautiful pipes were sent to another customer in Michigan. Scott got on the phone with UPS and had them snag the box on the truck and overnight them right to my house. After this he appologized for the problem and i proceeded to pay for the coatings on my headers and J's only, and the pipes were on the house. I recieved a call on my drive home with the tracking number and this morning, the big brown truck broght me my pipes and they were mint! Airborn is a top notch company and thank you again Scott.

Eric Jacobs

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
Good to know! I called Tuesday to see what their hours were so I could drop mine off and Scott seemed like a nice guy. Said he'd bring out all the dogs and ponies and show me around. Happy it went well.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
616 Posts
Funny timing.

I just called Airborn to see about getting my side pipes, j-pipes and headers coated. Granted I called the OK location (closer to me).

The guy had no clue what a j-pipe or FFR was. :rolleyes:

Guess I should have called the Conn location.

[ May 31, 2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: DTorresBrothers ]

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can echo that for the Charlotte location. The pipes looked great except for a small flaw in the one side pipe. They redid it and sent sent to me no charge. They do a lot of the Winston Cup cars. They are very familiar with the FFR's. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts