Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Acceleratti incredibilis
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of standard air filter is considered the better or the best. I want to avoid K&N style filters and go with a regular filter but I do not know if a particular brand is better and if certain ones are considered garbage. I have searched for reviews but have not had any luck.

Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
5,149 Posts
I'll vote on Wix

· Junior Charter Member
2,071 Posts
Filter?

X2 on the Wix. More filter material. Quality manufacture.

Ron

· Acceleratti incredibilis
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew Wix made good oil filters but was not sure about their air filters. I just ordered one from Amazon for $14.20.

Frank, this filter is for an air box from a 2000 Explorer.

Thank you all for your replies

· Registered
243 Posts
What brand of standard air filter is considered the better or the best. I want to avoid K&N style filters and go with a regular filter but I do not know if a particular brand is better and if certain ones are considered garbage. I have searched for reviews but have not had any luck.

Thanks in advance.
Why would you want to avoid K&N....just asking because I'm curious...as I was going to install a K&N on mine...?:confused1:

· Type 65 Coupe
908 Posts

· Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts
Does WIX make a conical air filter? Mine is big 90mm. I tried the '94 F150 lightning no luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.