Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting on an air cleaner which i think will work on my blown 302, but if not, do they make a drop base 9 inch air cleaner? Any other ideas?

Eric

·
Senior Charter Member
599 Posts
The more air flowing into the carb the more hp the motor can produce. The selection of an air filter should be based on 1.total air flow and 2. clean flowing air. The latter does not refer to air devoid of debris but of air flow straight into the carb.The largest air filter which would fit on my windsor was a K&N 14" by 2 7/8" with their drop base. However, the MkII has a slightly rounded hood creating a bit more room under the hood for larger filters.

All the best,
Bob

·
5,210 Posts
I'm running the K&N 14X3' in a standard(non drop)housing. No interference issues.

If you are running a holley 144 blower then contact John Hannaford he has that setup and I think he uses a K&N extreme top filter.

Mike

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,399 Posts
Using a K&N extreme top 14" on a healthy 302. First time Ive seen this, but the flow is directed down the carb throat so much that it actually sucked the red right out of it. After about 1000 mi the top is white and the sides still reddish.
Marc A

·
Senior Charter Member
599 Posts
Yeah, I have the Extreme Flow lid as well. My lid used to be red as well but now it's blue. After reading your post, I now realize why. After sucking the red off the lid, the suction musta sucked some of the blue off the paint job.

All the best
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts