Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Edelbrock Performer RMP upper intake with a EGR eliminator plate and a 70MM throttle body. The air bypass valve electrical connector was hitting the fill tube on the valve cover. It looked like it was happening because the EGR valve housing was removed and the EGR eliminator plate was installed. The EGR housing is about 1" thick and the eliminator plate is 1/4" thick. With the eliminator plate installed it moved the throttle body in closer to the upper intake and causing the clearance problem. I took the air bypass apart and put it into a vise. Grabbed onto the electrical connector and twisted it into a position for clearance for the filler tube. I searched the forum and found no mention of this and just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. Is there a way to check the bypass valve to see if it still works after twisting the connector.

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
The IAC takes 3-12 volts to operate. Apply power to it and see if air flows through the port. You can do this with it disconnected from the intake/car.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,085 Posts
I had an issue with the connector hitting the oil cap. Changed to an ugly Stant cap and fixed it. Never thought of horsing the connector around.

You can also try mounting the whole ISC different ways on the 4 screws (connector towards the manifold). It doesn't care which position its in.

When you apply voltage you should see the plunger move. If it still works after twisting, I'd put a little silicone around it to be sure it's not leaking any air.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
You can rotate the solenoid end of the IAB by removing the two screws and reclocking it upwards instead of downwards. I wouldn't force the connector into a different location...

HTH...
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts