Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assembling an aftermarket fuel system for 'ol FFR 1011K. It currently has an in-tank 190lph and a t-rex. I'm considering a dual t-rex or an Aeromotive A1000. The question is where to put the pumps on these cars. Has anyone used an A1000 on a FFR? It looks like it might fit behind the tank, just in front of the rear "bumper", bolted to the floor pan of the trunk. There aren't a whole lot of surfaces to choose from on these cars.

Thoughts or success stories?

-Sean

·
6,546 Posts
I have an Aeromotive fuel system going in my FFR.

I plan to weld a mouting plate between the two rearward tank "stand off" 3/4" down tubes. I haven't mounted the tank or checked for clearance with the rear yet.

Aeromotive tells you to just mount it to the front of the plastic fuel tank cover. Might do that instead. All depends on clearances..there's a lot of action back there with the 3 link.

Regards,

Bill

·
FFCobra Fanatic
593 Posts
have the full system on my car, front to rear. My batt is in the trunk in a custom box so it was easy to put the pump on the two 3/4 inch tubes in front of the tank, all i did was use two 7 inch long one inch wide bar stock, about 6 gauge. Simple and very effective and sturdy.I ran the lines in the same place as the book says and then got creative under the hood with the Y block and the return and regulator. No matter where you run them its gonna be beautiful and people must realize that it was 1500.00 ..The system will take any application you would demand of it and with the s-trim im running with 42 inj, it dosent miss a beat.................. :D

·
6,546 Posts
My thoughts on the mounting exactly, Cobra9268.

A couple of side notes:

1.) Older Aeromotive pumps are not compatible with Gasohol that is sold in major urban areas according to Aeromotive. If you send the pump in, they'll upgrade it for $100.00 to a "gasohol" friendly one.

2.) The sumped tank is a rip off if you can weld. It's a spectre tank with a welded in sump. Of course I bought my welder way after I bought the tank. If I had to do it over, I would buy the spectre tank from fortes and weld the sump in myself. Save about $200.00

Did you go with the Aeromotive fuel pump controller?

Weldon makes really nice pumps as well.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
I dont know about "any application you would demand of it" but they are decent pumps. It is important to mount them lower then the fuel pickup point. They are not good at sucking they are pusher pumps. I used to run two of them on my twin turbo car, each feeding a -8 line. Last year i upgraded to a single weldon pump with a -10 line since the 2 couldnt keep up. Of course that weldon was $900 just for the pump!
Jeff

·
6,546 Posts
Aeromotive makes a "Mac Daddy" pump for big setups. The A1000 is for up to 700 HP supercharged, my blower runs out of steam at 680 so I figure I'm way more than o.k.. Guesstimates put my setup at ~550 ~580

Ozona

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do realize aeromotive wants the pump below the tank fuel line. That's the rub. There isn't really a place for it without fabbing something.

·
6,546 Posts
Sean, actually they tell you to mount it on the plastic fuel tank cover on a FOX mustang.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
I have the full Cartech Renegade fuel system, using the Aeromotive T1000 pump and a LARGE filter assembly (same size as the pump), mounted to a 10"x8"x0.1" aluminum plate. The top edge of the plate is mounted to the back edge of the 3"x2" crossbeam with vibration isolators; I made an aluminum L-bracket that goes between one of the trans tunnel 3/4" tubes and the bottom edge of the plate, just above the diff center section.

I used -6 and -10 AN fittings and Earl's Ultra stainless hose connecting everything, joining up to 1/2" and 3/8" hard lines that run down the outside of the passenger side main frame tube. Looks very sanitary.

I tried many different mounting spots but this one offers the best maintenence access and fuel line routing. I can send pics if anyone wants to see the setup.

·
6,546 Posts
Send the pics my way or post. This is my next project after I get the brake lines / GNX MC / Footboxes done.

B

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
Hey Bill . . . . .

Thought that you were a computer guy!?!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Whatsup with that web page? Supposedly fixed by 9/20. Unless I'm way off today is 10/6. :D :D :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
actually one of mine was the cartech version which they make but say flows more. the 2nd was an SX which is basically the same but differnt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts