Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
MKIV Roadster, 408w/TKO600
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to pull the trigger in the fall to get paint & bodywork done on my MKIV. Dropped the car off in ~December, took the chassis home in ~January and kept it for a few months to finish the interior sound dampening, insulation, and carpeting. Now we're in July, about two months later than planned mostly because of my own delays in finishing the interior, and she finally has color. Still TBD on the stripe colors, and there's still another few layers of clear to go.

Color is PPG Vibrance Collection / Radiance II - Orange Glow over Sterling Silver. The inspiration was Ford Orange Glow Metallic which looks like it may only exist as a custom color choice for Transit vans of all things.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Beautiful. Doesn't need stripes...

·
Registered
Roadster #7430
49 Posts
I think the straight lines introduced by strips breaks up the sensual flow of the Cobra's naturally gorgeous curves. The picture of your car from the front just reinforces my feeling that adding stripes would just detract from a very sexy body.

Your car is really looking good (y)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Damn that's a nice color. With our without stripes, looks fantastic. 🔥

·
Registered
227 Posts
Include me on the no stripes team. Give yourself a big pat on the back, you picked an outstanding colour! When you put all the shiny bits back on, it will look just perfect.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
That is simply a gorgeous color! Congrats!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I finally decided to pull the trigger in the fall to get paint & bodywork done on my MKIV. Dropped the car off in ~December, took the chassis home in ~January and kept it for a few months to finish the interior sound dampening, insulation, and carpeting. Now we're in July, about two months later than planned mostly because of my own delays in finishing the interior, and she finally has color. Still TBD on the stripe colors, and there's still another few layers of clear to go.

Color is PPG Vibrance Collection / Radiance II - Orange Glow over Sterling Silver. The inspiration was Ford Orange Glow Metallic which looks like it may only exist as a custom color choice for Transit vans of all things.

View attachment 364432
View attachment 364433
View attachment 364434
View attachment 364435
Awesome color! Great Job!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey man, Lee here. I am the guy who you talked to on the phone about George and his paint shop. He did mine. I stopped by to see George today. Your car looks great. I am an anti stripe guy, I vote leave it as is. Maybe see you sometime out on the street.

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Wow it looks great! I also vote for no stripes, even though mine has them and fender stripes too! LOL

·
Premium Member
MKIV Roadster, 408w/TKO600
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@1250night - Lee, I appreciate the recommendation for George. He's been awesome to work with through the process.

I figured I'd update here. The people have indeed spoken. I keep coming back to the photos and seeing how the orange shifts under the different lighting and I agree, let it speak for itself. I've spent 6 years planning on a build with stripes and here we go - keeping it orange with no stripes.

-matthew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts