Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to finalize my driveline setup and wanted to get some feedback from you guys. My build plan is a 390 with a 0.82 TKO 600. For the rear end I was planning on a 3.27 gear ratio with a Ford Racing torsen differential. So first I would like your comments on the setup itself. Then I would like to hear from those who have done the rebuild themselves. I enjoy doing things myself so I was planning on buying the bad shoe instructional DVD and giving it a shot.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
Not a bad set up you have planned out. Setting up a diff definitely takes practice or it can make a lot of noise. You may consider having someone set the lash up for you. Travis at LR east is in Knappolis NC. It might be as easy trip up to see him. He can probably set it up in an hour or 2.

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
31 spline

Hi,
I have the 31 spline differential Torsen, 3.27 gears, complete bearing kit & 31 spline 5 lug axles plus brakes.
I can also supply a complete assembled rearend too. I just got them sand blasted and ready to finish assemble it customer specs.
Also have the TKO-600 in stock along with all parts to bolt behind your 390 FE Ford..

I’m starting to finalize my driveline setup and wanted to get some feedback from you guys. My build plan is a 390 with a 0.82 TKO 600. For the rear end I was planning on a 3.27 gear ratio with a Ford Racing torsen differential. So first I would like your comments on the setup itself. Then I would like to hear from those who have done the rebuild themselves. I enjoy doing things myself so I was planning on buying the bad shoe instructional DVD and giving it a shot.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
rebuilding an 8.8 is pretty easy, but it takes some tools and a bit of time.

Setting the correct pinion depth usually just requires a 0.030" shim with a ford gear set and if you reuse the thick ford shims on the carrier 90% of the time it gives you a pretty good gear mesh.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!

Gordon - That's a great idea. Do you have the contact info for Travis? I may give him a call when the time comes.

Mike - I’m going with IRS and I think that the FFR supplied axles are 28 spline. I have considered going 31 spline and ordering new axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.