Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Charter Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finished everything but the door carpeting/pockets and some other minor fitment issues.

What does everyone suggest...pockets or no pockets?

I was thinking about just sewing the bottom part of the black vinyl so it matches the top edge, and gluing it down, with the carpet lined up under it.

Also, does anyone have any good pictures of how they did it on their car? I looked over most of the build pages and there weren't and clear photos.

[ October 03, 2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: fourcammer281 ]

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I use my pockets. Its nice to have some place to even put a piece of paper to keep from flying out of the car.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I like the functional vintage look...

Black map pockets
Original style chromed, British MGTF door latches and chromed, swivel grab handles
Black carpet
Leather check straps for the door hinges

·
Charter Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gene, how did you make panels like that to fit your car? It looks like it covers up where the hinge bolts to the door.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi guy! I make custom door panels with pockets made for the ffr doors. I can be contacted at [email protected] or at (310)302-1913. I sold alot of these panels to ffr customers. They are only in black and I have them in stock. If you request for pictures. I'm sure someone on the forum will post them for you tosee. Thanks! Ariel

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi guy! I make custom door panels with pockets made for the ffr doors. I can be contacted at [email protected] or at (310)302-1913. I sold alot of these panels to ffr customers. They are only in black and I have them in stock. If you request for pictures. I'm sure someone on the forum will post them for you to see. Thanks! Ariel

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Originally posted by Ariel:
Hi guy! I make custom door panels with pockets made for the ffr doors. I can be contacted at [email protected] or at (310)302-1913. I sold alot of these panels to ffr customers. They are only in black and I have them in stock. If you request for pictures. I'm sure someone on the forum will post them for you tosee. Thanks! Ariel
What do they look like and how much do they cost? Do you want listed on the Vendor Page?

·
1,539 Posts
I use my door pockets as I have no glovebox and it is the only place to put anything. I keep my registration, proof of insurance and garage door clicker in mine. I would send you a picture but I do not know how to post them anymore since club photo put the kabash on. I could email you if you would like.

Andy

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
I also have Ariel's pockets. Only thing I did extra was to waterproof the backing before I put them on. Look good, made nice, and functional.

Frank.

·
Charter Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah, ok that makes sense. I was looking at the door and a lot of parts did not look familiar.

Ariel, ,do you happen to have any pictures of the pockets?

·
Senior Charter Member
458 Posts
I might be interested as well. My interior looks naked without something on the doors.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can someone post a pics my door pamel please. I don't know how to do it with this dog gone computer! Help!!! Thanks! Ariel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts