Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for an FFR hood. :001_smile:
I want to make an adjustable clutch pedal stop. I've already fabricated the bracket, but need to locate a adjustable stop with a rubber end.

Searched eBay and couldn't find anything I liked, so I thought I'd check here.
I did a more general search and found a '57 Chevy that might work, but couldn't identify the length.
something like this:

I only need 1, and looking for something about 2" - 3" long.
If someone bought 2 for a similar project and still has 1 lying around, please PM me with a price & shipping.

Thanks!

·
Not a waxer
12,096 Posts
Pick up a hinge type door stop at your local hardware store for about a buck:

Take the threaded portion with the bumper off of the arm, add a couple of 1/4-20 nuts to sandwich your mounting bracket and it's done!

Jeff

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff, seemed like a good idea, but I picked one up last night (and a couple nuts for adjustment), but I'm a little concerned about the durability of the rubber bumper. It's soft and fine for a wood door, but I agree with Tim, I don't think it will last very long, with the beating from the steel clutch arm.

Keith, if they are similar to the picture I posted, i'm very interested. 30 of them?? If you can spare a couple, I might use one for a gas pedal limit too.
let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would recommend something a bit wider for the go pedal,you dont want the pedal to slide down below the stop and stick, the rubber is to narrow with the amount of side movement in the pedal arm.
I have the door stop versions that Jeff pictured,you can have as many as u want.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Those are seat adjustors for Automotive seats should be available at the HELP section
of your local auto parts store.
HTH
Tim

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Rich. NICE :001_rolleyes:

$59! Um, yeah, right..................................PASS :001_tongue:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Btw, the photo you originally posted looks exactly like my 67 camaro hood stops too. I may have an extra one but I'm not 100% sure.

I kinda like the BMW one too. Looks real wide, but not sure if it's the length you need.

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
How about $1.65 from National Parts Depot? I used one of the hood bumpers from a '65 Mustang that they sell for a throttle stop:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.