Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my inspection sticker this morning, the car is now legal.
Ray

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Ray, I'm considering that color along with silver stripes - sounds like you might have beat me to the punch! Could you post a picture or send me one? I'm anxious to see it on a FFR!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve K,
I haven't done anything to the wheels except for a good cleaning. Fortunately, the donor was a Florida car, so there wansn't much corrosion.
I also filled in the "Mustang" logo on the hubcaps and repainted them with a spray bomb.
Ray

·
Senior Charter Member
1,028 Posts
Way to go Ray. Great looking Cobra. I especially like the color combination. If your free for lunch some day swing by 101 Northern Blvd. I'd sure like to hear more about your build.

John Minton FFR4174

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Ray,

My wheels are in very good shape, so I will do as you did and give them a real good cleaning. What did you use to fill in the logo? I planned on doing the same thing but haven't gotten that far.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Really nice car Ray (I wish I kept my Turbines!). Who did your paint and body work?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DMW,
I used Gino's Autobody in Rowley for the paint and body work. I fitted the panels myself and did the rough body work such as initial sanding, pinhole filling, and grinding down of the seams. Gino did a great job. He does these cars as filler work.

Steve K,
I filled in the logo with 3M High Stength Filler and then with some Evercoat Easysand. Primed and then painted with spray can of Rustoleum Stainless Steel.

John,
I will drop by at some point. Work on the Island is pretty intense and doesn't lend itself to breaking away very easily. Multiple crews working and they all take lunch at different times. I will catch up with you, though.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Ray Elie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts