Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you carb guys attaching/securing your stock mustang accelerator cable to the intake??
Is there a bracket that somebody sells??

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I bought the lokar bracket and cable. I tried the stock mustang cable by fabricating a bracket, but it popped off on the freeway one time :( That's no fun. At that point, it became obvious that the lokar setup was worth the money.

·
Junior Charter Member
916 Posts
Most use a 42" lockar cable sold by fortes with brackets.

·
Senior Charter Member
574 Posts
Lokar cable hands down...

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are y'all using the spoon pedal as well or did you all do something to your pedal to make the system work with it??
Thanks!

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
I am using the 36 inch lokar. Tried the braided one but had better luck with the black one.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
I made a bracket to secure cable to the manifold. Used the stock mustang gas pedal but redrilled the pivot pin hole so it had move movement once pedal was shortened.Similar to the brake pedal mod. Otherwise you end up with a too sensetive of a throttle.

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
I am using the braided Lokar cable with the spoon throttle pedal since my build is non-donor. Thus far it works well (100 plus miles of go-karting). I found the pedal to help with foot-room/pedal-placement since I have not bent my pedals.

·
Charter Member
996 Posts
I used a stock Mustang cable, and ran it around the front in a nice, gentle arc. You have to hook to the bottom of the linkage since you're coming in from the front. Then I made a bracket from a length of aluminum strap. Works so smooth I don't even use a return spring on the linkage, just the existing spring on the cable. No issues in almost 10k miles.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about this stock style cable braket-is there anyway to cut it or extend the bracket to make it work.
I dont have a particular preference for what side i attach the throttle cable to, but the dual fuel inlet line must be on the passenger side.

Here is a pic of the bracket and my new intake. The intake has a threaded hole on either side, so i guess it will just be whichever side will be easiest. I had it running on the passenger side with my mass flo system. Note: I guess this will also work as a sneak peak at my new injection system.

·
Registered
299 Posts
'stang:

Lokar sells a cable end that crimps on to the cable FFR provides. A Lokar bracket completes the package.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I have Lokar make a 42" cable that fits the FFR perfect. I also have the Lokar cable mounting bracket & springs along with a gas pedal for just $115.00.
Mike

·
Registered
654 Posts
Same as Alex and FFR5332. Don

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone. I am trying to avoid spending more money right now if possible. So, an altered stock cable bracket would be ideal since i can pick one up at pull a part.
It looks as though i can just drill one of the holes out larger and then mount it to the intake. HOwever, that leaves me with a few questions:
Will it extend out far enough to the side?
and
Will it be too far forward or too far away to work effectively.

So, has anybody attempted to modify the bracket to work?

STI-do you know where i could find a picture of that bracket?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
299 Posts
'stang:

Here's the bracket & stainless spring kit - part number SRK-4000:

...and the cable end part S-1034:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts