Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it going to be a problem if i cut to shorten the length of the wires for the abs sensors? or if i was to loop the wires so compensate the slack will it make any interferiance noise? thank you very much.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
is it going to be a problem if i cut to shorten the length of the wires for the abs sensors? or if i was to loop the wires so compensate the slack will it make any interferiance noise? thank you very much.
This is just a personal oppinion, but if you've made the decision to use the ABS system, I don't think I would cut the sensor wires to shorten them, and then rely on the connections to be ready when you you have that one major Emergency stop. They may be fine, but you won't know for sure until it happens...

I guess my philosophy is "Don't Borrow Trouble".

·
Charter Member
1,021 Posts
I cut mine, since it was an 97 the controller was in the rear and the wires were the oposite lenth I needed. Just solder it and it should be good. If the conection does break it will throw an error on EBCM? module. It should not disable any breaking capability just anti-lock.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Has anyone successfully installed and tested ABS in the GTM? I did a search and saw someone had it installed, but no feedback about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test drove the car yesterday and the abs work perfect i haven't cut hte wires yet but i'll try next weak, i do need to figure out the traccion control but i tink the problem is on the vss wiring because mi speedo don,t work........

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
Has anyone successfully installed and tested ABS in the GTM? I did a search as saw someone had it installed, but no feedback about it.
Try doing a search for "Buggy222" or Lawrence Chapman in the San Diego area. He did a great write up about how to install it. It may even be in the "64 Thousand Dollar Question List". I can't remember...

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Try doing a search for "Buggy222" or Lawrence Chapman in the San Diego area. He did a great write up about how to install it. It may even be in the "64 Thousand Dollar Question List". I can't remember...
I believe I saw the how to install thread. I was looking for more feedback on it. I don't think it's necessary as most have said, but I would like to hear some feedback to those that have installed/used it.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Test drove the car yesterday and the abs work perfect i haven't cut hte wires yet but i'll try next weak, i do need to figure out the traccion control but i tink the problem is on the vss wiring because mi speedo don,t work........

Nice, which unit are you using (I think they changed some over the years).

·
Banned
292 Posts
Shortening the wiring is not a problem. I would make sure that you keep the 3 ft. factory flexible harness to each wheel sensor intact, if you have them, as it is a sealed harness. but splicing the harness anywhere else won't have much effect, as long as you make good connections. The difference in resistance is negligible.

Should be able to check for codes in the ABS module. Did you connect the data circuit from ABS module to PCM? The modules need to communicate with each other.

Did you try a panic stop on a slick or wet surface to see if the ABS worked?

Ted

·
Registered
114 Posts
ls7 problem

i'm trying to install this this week but i realized that my computer is of a c6 because i'm running an ls7 crate motor and i heard that system runs on can-bus so the c5 ebcm won't communicate with it. Can anyone confirm this?

any ideas on how the wiring changes on the c6? is it still possible for me to install the system?

·
Registered
114 Posts
herb thats on a c5 and an ls3 its a whol different animal. the c6 z06 ls7 runs diffent equipment and software on the ecu. I wouldn't be asking if it was an easy search but thanks for trying to help. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts