Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electrical has been the most difficult part of the build. Frankly, I hate it. With that I am requesting your help.

I have my higher amp circuits model after the Dark Water diagrams.

Can someone review the steps to test these relay circuits?

Thanks,

Tony W.

·
Senior Charter Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW - The wiring has been terminated with switches installed.

Tony W.

·
Premium Member
9,693 Posts
I tested all my circuits using a 12V lantern battery. Enough volts to make things work, but not enough amps to hurt anything if I screwed up. There was enough power to test everything, except the horn sounded sort of sickly. John

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Generally I would clear all the bare wire ends, making sure there are no grounds or shorts. Pull all the fuses and connect the battery while whatching for smoke or fire. Then 1 by 1 add the fuses and throw the switch and see if the device works as planned. Trouble shoot any problems 1 at a time untill all ckts work as desired...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
I used a lawn tractor battery with a in line fuse installed on the battery lead of 5 amps just incase. Like mentioned put a fuse in at a time then check that curcuit. Disconnect the starter wire so when testing the start curcuit all you will be doing is energizeing the starter solenoid. Make sure light curcuits are grounded and check with a test light. Only kink I found when useing the aaw harnes was the plug connectors used. I ended up useing a wire tie around each of the main plug connections on the main harness where it plugs to the sub harness's. They did'nt like to lock togeter with a positive feel so I did this to prevent a bad connection problem down the road. Aside from this it really was plug and play and would use this harness again.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Just so you know, AAW has a terrific tech support line. Ask for Donny, he's helped many of us with our FFR cars. 800-482-WIRE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts