Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was torturing myself over this. Started to fall in love with the solid blue and the way all the little chrome accents stood out on my car. My hesitation peaked the day I dropped it off for paint. I have to say it worked out for the best and I love the new look. I always said I believed Cobras were born to wear blue and white even though I absolutely love so many of the combinations you guys have put together. I used the onlinecobra.com format for the stripes. Thanks again to those of you who supplied advice by phone, PM, and thread responses.

My personal touch was the silver metallic pinstripe. Just a little something to separate it from the majority of other blue and whites. I placed it along the outer edge because the separate pinstripe set 1/4 inch off the main stripe always screamed Chevy to me. To each his own.......

Note the lovely garbage can backdrop I chose in my rush to get some daylight photos. Am I a natural photographer or what! :D

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
It looks great - a real classic combination and very "clean" overall. I might have missed something but did the car not have stripes before and you added them? Also - is that your 350Z in the background?

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
Those look great and I love the pinstripe. I love my solid blue but the more I see cars like yours the more I'm tempted. Nice job!!!!

KC

·
Registered
381 Posts
The silver pinstripe is a real nice touch. What color blue is that?

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DMW, yes I added the stripes. My car was solid blue. And yes that is my track edition 350Z. It was part of my inspiration for this car. I won an autocross event with it first time out (set the track record on lap 3). Man that car is ferocious, but I was envious of the FFR cobra that finished right behind me (bad driver and tight course). Now I am going back to lay waste to everyone with a more serious weapon haha.

KC, Oh man don't I know how you feel!

Bobby, electron blue metallic. I can still get the paint code as I think I have leftover paint in a can with the code in my garage. Anyone can PM me if they are interested.

·
Master Builder
1,243 Posts
M3 you worry to much it came out great ! But you didn't post pict of the rear stripes ! I want to see if they are off center ! Just kidding !!! Really looks good, and I like the 1/4 silver stripe !

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha don't worry......they are.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,739 Posts
It looks like you have earned your stripes!

Rick ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts