Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got two cases of beer and four bags of chips but i plum forgot about this.

the tubing that came with the kit is gone. the correct size may be buried in with the instructions somewhere, but does anyone know what size to get?

·
1,569 Posts
what's a wiper?

when it starts raining, icrease speed to fly under the drops...

·
715 Posts
I believe it's standard old 1/4 or 5/16 metal fuel line (better measure the dia of your cable). The kind you buy at NAPA that has fittings on the either end. It's cheap and one 5' piece should be more than enough. Cut to desired lengths, and throw away the fittings.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it took my entire lunch break (i go home) but i dug up the wiper instructions.

p/n 11281 TUBING, CABLE SLEEVE, 3/8" X 36" LONG

okay so 3/8"? i.d? o.d.? for thin wall tubing, does it matter?

i am an engineer, and i deal with pipes, not tubes, so i forget the size standards.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think it's 3/8 OD aluminum.
Look at the flare nut that goes on the wiper motor. The hole is meant to be drilled out to fit the tubing, and it may tell you in the inst what size.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Have also heard of people using 3/8" chrome tubing from the plumping dept. at your local hardware store. I had a big hunk of s/steel 3/8" tubing and used that. Have fun with the wiper drives, the gears are only pressed on to the shafts. I used a wire welder and tacked the gear to the shaft and filed it smooth. The drives are not very good quality, but they are what they are.. Not a real bad job. Don't drink the
till your finished.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Go to the plumbing aisle and grab a couple of lengths of chromed tubing used for plumbing your toilet to the water supply. Not only shiny but cheap and easy to bend 'cos they are copper under the chrome. Use PVC tubing to make the spacers rather than rubber. They wont "give" when you tighten 'em up,
Steve

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Troy: thanks, already set w/ the rubber hose for the angle pieces.

gseguy: what happens to the chrome when you bend the lines? are the bends enough to flake the chrome?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
The bends are not sharp enough to bother the chrome.
You want all the bends to flow as to not kink the drive cable.

·
The branch of chemistry that deals with fermentati
156 Posts
Priceless!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts