Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used self locking nuts (ie: with the plastic inserts) on the header to J-pipes connection flange? If so how did it work? My gut says the plastic will melt over time, but have no experience with this. I am looking for a way to ensure a tight locking fit at this connection that doesn't have to be re-tightened after a certain number of hours of operation? What have other used? I have the self locking nuts that fit, but do not want to have to change them after 1 hour of use if they melt.

As always any input is appreciated!

Thanks,

Squid

·
Junior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks guys.....

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have found that hardened fasteners are more likely to stay in place on exhaust pieces. On my 2.3 turbo, 10.9 studs, nuts and lock washers solved my issue with the manifold to turbo nuts loosening up. This option may be more readily available at your local hardware store.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Dont use stainless, the heat cycles will expand them to the point that breaking them is the only way off. Stover nuts are probably your best bet and available at the hardware store for short money.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.