Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
dreamer turned builder
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took 18 pieces down to the local powdercoater last week. Dude only charged me $60 for everything. I guess even us guys on a budget can have a nice clean build. ;) :D

Hinges

Quickjacks

Trunk and rollbar. Trunk panels look white but they are actually a light grey. Turned out kinda nice.

Everything was done at Wion's Powdercoating in Sacramento.

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
$60 for everything!!? Including the trunk aluminum? :eek:

Yikes,

I asked about getting my hood hinges done and the guy looked at my baggie of pieces and without batting an eye quoted me over $100!

Are you related or have you got photos of his girlfriend? ;)

Sean

·
near graduate!
575 Posts
I like the light grey.. that's a cool look! But $60 for all of that sounds too good to be true.. I paid over $400 to have every hinge and piece of aluminum coated. I might have to puke.

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
It really depends where you go, I guess. I had my door hinges, hood hinges, seat mounting plates, and steering shaft powder coated black and I'm in it for only $60CDN at this point.

·
1,672 Posts
You got a great job and the bargain of the week.

I have been paying $40-60 a part.

·
1,752 Posts
Wow,

If it didn't cost so much to ship to Ca. I'd be sending a bunch of stuff to this guy.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Nice job and a bargain at that . I'm the guy the in the deli that cries because they get 50 cents for cheese , I have achieved similar results with good prep and VHT chassis/Roll bar paint its an epoxy and self priming it also matches the black FFR chassis. Out here in moonshine land you gotta use what you can find. BTW moonshine is a great parts cleaner before painting Bob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
HH,

Nice job, nice price. If possible, please PM or post the source.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Who the heck in Sacrat-tomato does powder coat for $60 ? It'd almost be worth the gas to drive up! However, I'm basically done so I have nothing to powder coat, unless I decide to change color on my brake calipers!!!

·
Junior Charter Member
805 Posts
Where did you get those wheels?
I am thinking I need more bling

·
dreamer turned builder
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. For anyone in the area, the powdercoating was done at:

Wion's Powdercoat
3529 La Grande Boulevard
Sacramento,CA 95823

It is near Hwy 99 and 47th ave. The guys name is Adam: 871-7432

Nice guy and always has it done in like 3-4 days. He had done my engine bay panels also last year, 10 panels for $80 total.

Skunkman-
Rivets are not painted, they are just bare aluminum right out of the box. Man I am getting sick of riveting! ;)

Quicksnake-
The rims are Halibrand Cobra IIIs, deep lip chrome. Knockoffs are by Team 3. I bought the rims from a forum member last year who had posted them in the for sale section. From what I understand they are pretty hard to find anymore. Might have to call Halibrand directly.

Now, on to the cockpit and continuing body work....! Hoping to complete everything by late summer. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.