Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st day I drove over to my daughters house (3 miles) 2nd Day to the store to rent a movie, a guy in the Blockbuster store said “ is that your car? Playing dumb I said “which one”? he points, Yea that’s mine. He says, I always wanted a car like that, what kind is it? Then when I am in line another guy said “Love your car” ( so here goes the same “ what year, how fast, how much, questions). 3rd day, drive to work. Because we have assigned parking spots my phone rings all day…….When I go to leave I had a crowd of co-workers asking the same questions, then the gas station a guy said “ love your car. Now I have great self-esteem but this COBRA could be a cure for depression, self esteem problems, manic – depressive disorder and who knows what else. Wonder if it will help with “low bank account syndrome”?

·
Snake Charmer
3,464 Posts
Don't know about the "low bank account syndrome" but I'm sure they can cure you of the "high bank account syndrome" :D

Otherwise - Enjoy the Drive !!

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
The same kinds of things hapen to me regularly when I'm out in my FFR in Memphis. I don't have to prove the car will run because traffic around me tends to behave. I have met so many nice, friendly people because of my roadster who just want to talk and ogle.
happy motoring RDenney

·
5,559 Posts
I think the only real cure for the "low bank account syndrome" is to stay away from this site! If you visit here, you are always guaranteed to find new things that you just have to have, which keeps you with the "syndrome"! :D

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
I wish I had these issues. :( I'm only in my 5th month of just parts gathering and cleaning and I keep forgetting I've got FOUR PLUS years to go! So I have to slow down my progress or else have nothing else to do but housework...

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Yeah, those questions are fun--- the first 482 times--each year.

By the second year, I had a handout and factory five literature to answer all question.

Now, I try to hide my car to avoid the intrusion.

·
3,760 Posts
I'm already getting that and I just picked up my kit 10 days ago. There are neighbors that have been over that have been left speechless...and when I tell 'em it'll have around 400 hp, they just kind of wilt. This is already a lot of fun.

AJ

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,123 Posts
I was in my pickup truck in town the other day, and a ricer with a fart pipe pulls up to the stop light and is cycling on the accelerator so everyone can hear his exhaust. All I could think was "If my Roadster was only finished..." :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts