Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Lovin' the look of the recessed lights!!!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank, Randy. It does give a different look to the front end. The glass in the headlights is almost flat as well, makes for a clean look.

dawjr

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Alex. No, that idea escaped me. Everything is billet this and billet that. I guess I got caught up in it too. The mesh would be a simple option, I'll noodle with it. Thanks for the idea.

dawjr

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, Alex. The front air dam is from our buddy, Chris, at http://www.darkwatercustoms.com/

To be honest I haven't driven the car more than ten miles with it on. Not enough to comment on an improvement or not. Others that have purchased it claim a big difference. I simply like the look.

She's up on stands right now, a new manual rack from Breeze is being installed and the IRS pumpkin is being pulled for new 3.73 gears from Mike Forte.

Are these things ever complete? (hope not)

All the best, Don

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've been looking at the Darkwater air damn, but right now I'm recovering from my bodyshop bill. Not to mention I have my sister getting married this month, a family member's birth day this month, one next month, 15 people coming to the house for Thanksgiving, 3 family members birthday and Christmas for the month of Dec., and my sister inlaw is getting married on a cruise the first part of Feb. and we have to have the cruise paid off by the 2nd week of Dec. So it will be a few months before I have some pocket change again. The joy of family! They keep my wallet empty.

·
1,648 Posts
Don

Amazing work, love all the custom features of your car. The scoop is my favorite. And as soon as my wife gets over the shock of my Kwik Lift
bill , I'll be ordering your kit.

Cheers
Brian

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I bought the light kit from Don and, though I haven't installed it yet, it looks great and seems to be a very easy install. I can't wait to get to the point where I can get it installed.

Thanks Don!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Don, you're evil....

must.... resist.... spending....

Maybe towards Christmas... ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
can you still run your transmission radiator behind it, and will it be as effective?

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
I'm still trying to talk my wife into buying the lights/grill for me for Xmas. Pete

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, Guys. Thanks for the good words. Guys that are in a pinch, don't worry, I should have them for quite a while.

Frank, thanks for the pic, looks good.

As far as a cooler behind it, probably not, there's a little bit of support structure behind it all for the lights and grill. I'm sure some real clever guy could do it if it was really important.

RadarPete, there may be a Christmas sale.

Invisible, thanks. I have only one hood - comes with everything needed to get it down the road.
;)

All the best,

[ October 05, 2007, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Don Wright ]

·
Jack of all trades - expert at nothing
4,395 Posts
Don,

Anything for the Spyder/Coupe guys?

You forgot huh...

PS - Alex we're thinking of doin a southern cruise - can we stay at your house?

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jay P, I wish I had something for everybody. There's just not enough time in 24 hours. I'm trying to cut out that sleeping thing but its not going too well.

dawjr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts