Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done A/C in their roadster?

Is there a setup that works best?

Can an A/C setup from a mustang be used?

Is there a car with a stronger blower motor? (I have a mustang and the fan just doesn't seem to move enough air)

If you did A/C, what do you think? Does it work okay? Would you do it again? What setup did you use? And...do you have pics of setup?

Thanks,

Nick

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
28,695 Posts
I did it and might do it again for a car in the South. Whitby's now sells the AC/heater unit I used and it is very nicely done as well as also being the most expensive.

Yes it works very well on hot days in slow traffic. Above 40 mph, a lot of the air blows out without a top. The heater is great as well. Use it all winter.

I don't think you could use a donor system unless you can re-package the evaporator. Anything is possible but the amount of fabrication would be extensive.

Pics on the build site in sig line.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
You'll need something setup for the FFR. Two options you can consider that I know of:

Whitby Motocars
North Race Cars

Both have kits that are setup to work with the FFR.

Without a top, it's nice to have the A/C on hot days when you're stuck in traffic or sitting at lights. Once you're moving, I can't feel it at all (but I point it at my thighs if I'm wearing shorts and does take the edge off.

I'll be getting a top for this winter and will see more benefit from the A/C next summer. Guys with tops say it's great to have.

·
Charter Member
3,740 Posts
Has anyone done A/C in their roadster?

Is there a setup that works best?

Can an A/C setup from a mustang be used?

Is there a car with a stronger blower motor? (I have a mustang and the fan just doesn't seem to move enough air)

If you did A/C, what do you think? Does it work okay? Would you do it again? What setup did you use? And...do you have pics of setup?

Thanks,

Nick
Yes, Northracecars, No, Not for a Mustang, Works great in a coupe, Yes, Yes, Northracecars, In the gallery.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,991 Posts
Not sure it would be worth the trouble in Mi. I would think that Earl's fresh air vents would do the trick. One thing that would also help would be a top. I have an APE top that never comes off the car,the windows just go off or on depending on the temp. If you get a soft top just make sure the rear window will zip out. Having a top w/o windows makes a nice breeze but if the rear window is there w/o the side windows you get blasted in the side of the head. For me the key is being in the shade.

·
3,672 Posts
I have the unit that Whitby sells and was designed specifically for the FFR Roadster by Vintage Air.
Now if you really want to spend some hard earned cash you can buy this slick setup from Roush Racing like I did to help hide the A/C pump. This setup includes the front engine cover, water pump, alternator, A/C pump, all the brackets and pulleys fully polished. I had them delete the A/C pump and front engine cover as I already had them for a total cost of just under $2400
This is a photo for the setup but this is not my engine, I have stack fuel injection and I will post my photos when I get it all together.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.