Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you remember the very first time you ran your Cobra under it's own power? Do you have a picture of it, if so, post it here.

Don't have any of my own, but I did stumble across the original Tri State Cobra web site and found a secret web page showing a certain HOC painted "gocart"...See if you can figure out just who's car this could possibly be :D .

Bill S.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
Hey that's me! That was back in the spring of '01. Cool pic. MrM

Rich, am I going to see you in Ohio this year?

Olli

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
September 8th, 2006 (day 96 of the build). Just back from its first "real ride" to the alignment shop. Set off no less then 4 car alarms.... :D
Baron

[ March 10, 2007, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: snkbte ]

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It was day 77 of the build. I remember it well. My go kart would not go into 1st-3rd-or 5th. The FFR shifter handle hit the limit bolts on my hurst shifter. I backed it out of the garage and then I was stuck. This is a picture of me diagnosing it. A 1 minute fix followed this picture and then there was a bunch of trips up and down the road.

Bobby

·
2,863 Posts
Sorry not sitting in it . It was in the early spring of 2005 ,thought I would pee my pants when it actually started !!!!-Herb
Bill ,great idea!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Since I had a builder, the car was a little more assembled when I drove it the first time. I took it to a side street behind Whitby and hammered on it. Next thing I know Jeff Collins is running to catch up to me and shouting that "it's not ready for all that yet."

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Back in March, 2004. I still remember the pride I felt that I had been able to get to that point with so little knowledge about cars at that time. If it weren't for the great community here, I wounld have gotten that point at all.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,626 Posts
December 2005. Exciting, scary, too many feelings to cover them all. Sure made me feel good though.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Ah yes, 5/13/2006. That was engine #1 and that engine was eventually replaced with a CHP 347 shortblock. On Independence Day, 7/4/06, Go-Kart #2 was a complete success:

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
511 Posts
May 4, 2005

Seems like yesterday! Time flies when you're having fun!!

John

[ March 10, 2007, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Tiger882 ]

·
mk 1.5 original
562 Posts
October 19th 2003. The neighbors found out what that noise was.
Chris.

·
1,569 Posts
I miss those days!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
October 2005.....Finally painting it tomorrow 3/11/2007. Where has the time gone?

·
1,743 Posts
Thanksgiving, 2004 and my favorite picture of my two boys

Bill32, Calvin and Mikee all came over and had a shot. Once we realized it was supposed to be that fast and hairy (and was more or less safe) I couldn't get my boys out of it. It made the neighbors absolutely crackers.

Almost 6 miles on that long weekend... around and around and around the block.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Pretty rough wiring but it ran! I used the donor instrument pod initially to make sure all of the wiring was working then switched to gauges one by one.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
That way to cool I need to do this and take the pic I'm so damn closee I just wish I had an extra 8 hrs a day!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts