Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6,546 Posts
It's a nice Mark I.

I'd bet that the bids are shill bids from friends.

He's done a good job marketing it, he would have done better to make sure his buddies weren't in the pictures.

It's on the edge of deceptive advertising IMHO.

·
15,282 Posts
Has this been edited? I took a look, and the car has no bids, with a starting bid of $30k. I couldn't find a reference to $70k anywhere. Nor any pictures with his buddies included. Methinks the seller might be looking at the forum?

·
6,546 Posts
It has been revised.

The picture of his buddies is on the web page that's listed on the e-bay listing.

Look carefully at the close ups of the body. One of them has 3 dudes standing in the background.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
That is an awesome car! The paint and interior are incredible. $100K? Doubt it. Not in my book, anyway. But certainly worth more than the average garage built car.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Like the color, and there are some nice pictures of the car and video. No 3-Link, stock front lower control arms, stock steering, no driveshaft loop and not sure about having a scattershield. A little pricey at that. Just my $0.02.

·
I built it myself
641 Posts
It looks like Ebay canceled the bid that drove up the price. There is a cancelation/bid retraction history.
Could it be Ebay detected a shill bid(er)?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was very amusing as I watched the bidding go from $62,500 to $69.500 right before my eyes. Seems people will try anything. I was getting ready to list mine !!!

·
Super Moderator
29,555 Posts
The ad says it was not a donor-build, but the front LCA are off a donor, as well as the R&P unit. I suspect this was a $25K build that the guy is trying to make a huge profit on with some misleading advertising.

2FAST

[ March 25, 2004, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Super Moderator
29,555 Posts
Also, in one of the pictures you can see a portion of the block. If it was prefessionally rebuilt, why does it look so cheap? I suspect it was a donor engine cleaned up and spray painted to look new.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
The other day it was at 69K! Now its zero again?! Clubcobra guys were trying to figure out what it was. Easy to tell its a FFR by the mounting bolts. I sent a private message to the seller and high bidder at the time without response.

Anytime you see bogus adds report it to Ebay, they will stop the auction.

Oh, the same bidder was the only one jacking up the price.............hmmm.

JQ

·
Junior Charter Member
569 Posts
It's a nice build but reading the description makes me wonder. Claiming 400+ hp from stock heads without NOS or supercharging is a little optimistic, don't you think?

It was funny to see the claim "....including acceleration, breaking and cornering" I would not want to advertise that "breaking" was a prominent feature of the car. LOL.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.