Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my hands on a Gt40 upper intake from a Ford Lightning. I do not have a lower intake that will match it up to my 302. The local scrap yards will only sell me the upper and lower intakes from Explorers together. They won't just sell me the lower.

My question is...are the Exploer upper intakes something that is in demand? What is the going price approx??

Thanks

[ March 14, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Kobra4Kris ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
Kris,
That upper intake is probably worth $100. If you get it with the throttle body you could get more for it or use the throttlebody on yours because its a 65MM vs the stock 60mm. Hope this helps!

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike. Sounds good, I would sell it with tbody and all to try to get as much $ back .

Out of curiosity, How much $ approx is the Gt40 upper that I got from the Lightning worth?? Or are both worth about the same?

·
Charter Member
584 Posts
ebay-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466887111&category=36474
do search in parts for gt-40 and gt40

I got mine off of ebay, but i paid a little over 400.00 for a ported lower and polished upper.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
592 Posts
Kris,
the GT40 upper is much more valuable than the explorer. they commonly go for around $300 to $350 on the mustang forums and on e-bay. You can find the GT40, Cobra or the explorer lower pretty cheap on e-bay, or try www.corral.net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts