Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I have a sn95 8.8" rear end w/4.10gears that i got from craigslist that will eventually make it into my roadster. I picked up some 3.55 gears with tractionloc I'll be installing in the future.

Here's my problem, I'm looking to install 17" x 10.5" rims.
In the build manual its saying i have to replace the axels and the caliper bracket.
If i understand correctly the whole assembly is 3/4" wider on both sides compared to an 87-93 rear. Does it really make a difference?
is there any way around this? Can i just order wheels with a different offset? Im looking at the bullit from oewheels store on ebay to get the wheels.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That was my question, I had the same set up. Cheaper to convert to fox width than buy special offset axles and really easy to do. check with Richard Oben. http://www.northracecars.com/Brakes.html

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
94-98 rearend

Hi Tim,
I stock 5 lug axles and caliper brackets for $350.00 to convert your rearend to FOX width. Call me Monday for Steve's specials. I know he has these parts on special from now until Christmas (supply limited).
Thanks,

Hey Everyone,
I have a sn95 8.8" rear end w/4.10gears that i got from craigslist that will eventually make it into my roadster. I picked up some 3.55 gears with tractionloc I'll be installing in the future.

Here's my problem, I'm looking to install 17" x 10.5" rims.
In the build manual its saying i have to replace the axels and the caliper bracket.
If i understand correctly the whole assembly is 3/4" wider on both sides compared to an 87-93 rear. Does it really make a difference?
is there any way around this? Can i just order wheels with a different offset? Im looking at the bullit from oewheels store on ebay to get the wheels.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,598 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts