Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a complete 1995 engine with a T5 tranny. Does the wiring harness on the engine plug directly into the EEC? I'm not sure what the plug on the EEC looks like because I still need to get one. Also, where does the EEC get it power from? I'm building a Mk IV complete kit with the RF harness. The engine wiring harness has a large almost square plug on it and branching off about 7 inch away a smaller 2 pin plug with a red and a green wire that I haven't figured out?
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Lay posi
1,223 Posts
No, the engine harness does not plug directly into the EEC. You will need another portion of the stock harness. The 94-95 wiring is a large undertaking. If you stick with just the engine harnes, it may not be too bad, but there are a lot of items (alternator excitation, fuel pump, etc) that are not directly on the engine harness. Also, you will run yourself crazy without the factory wiring diagram available from HELM Inc. Even with the wiring diagram, you may feel overwhelmed at times. Unless you really enjoy wiring, I would recommend talking to someone who does wire diets. The 94-95 cars are doable, I did mine, but they can take an insane amout of time.

Good luck,
Wibby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.