Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I modified the box per the manual, had to drill one hole on one side in order to lower the pivot point 1 1/2". I can't see cutting 1 1/2 out between the pivot point and the pushrod. looks alittle close to me.

·
Junior Charter Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
manual brakes, Think I will redrill holes on the box 3/4 -1" instead of 1 1/2" Then take out the same in the pedal between the PP and the Piush rod.
should give me the highside of 6:1.

·
FFR Master Procrastinator
348 Posts
I have a 94 and was able to do the mod with no problem. There is enough room to eliminate the 1.5".
I measure it out with a marker, and tried to center the section that was removed.
I dont have pics of my mods, but I can snap a few pics of the installed pedal if you like.

·
Junior Charter Member
266 Posts
Hello

This is what i did.

Steve

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,710 Posts
i just measured mine (1988) in the car so a little tough to be super accurate.Measured like your pic from pivot center to pushrod pin is about 2 3/8 inches. And to the very end of the pedal pad is about 12 3/4 inches.

·
Junior Charter Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx craigS. That's seems to be the average from what I can tell.

Steve yours looks to be about 1 1/2 down from the original position. If I went by the book and cut out 1 1/2 that's what I would have. It just seemed a little close to me. Did you fabricate thos spacers? If so that would be more than I am willing to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts