Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, and before I start I have read every post I could find on this and every time I get warm fuzzies someone pees in my cornflakes again. So I am going to do the 5 lug conversion, (cost effective) (( my wife will have a meltdown if I spend anymore money on Cars and motorcycles)) so cheap.. Anyway I'm staying with the drums in back and doing the Mk7 rotors up front. LMR has a package deal of FR500 and nitto tires, 17x9 and 17x10.5. Gonna run 245s in front, 315s in back. If they will work?? Will they work??? I know about chamfering the front rotors, So ultimately, will these rims fit on my mk3 cobra? Will my wife be pissed again? and will I be smiling all the way to the courthouse? Ok so I know the answer to only one of those posed questions. And if they will fit, then 2 outta three aint bad, as Meatloaf said. Thank you for helping me beat a dead horse agai but finally get a definitive answer once and for all, Amen, and I thank you.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,390 Posts
Having 4 kids, and a wife that is always saving money for College funds and our retirement, i had to do it for least amount i could. i'm honestly lucky to have a roadster, and i'm happy with my set up. i used the SN95 spindles up front with the 11" rotor for the PBR dual piston calipers, and went with the 5 lug Ranger axles for my 8,8 rear that i also bolted in the caliper brackets and some 1999 rear discs from a Mustang GT.

i did this all by going to a Pick-Your-Part wrecking yard to source the parts and found that all of these parts are readily available. the axles for example are also found on the Bronco II and there are still other fords that you can cross reference to source the parts. they're out there.

this of course makes the assumption that you're going to clean and recondition the parts as needed. i used the front calipers i bought at the wrecking yard as the core exchange for the new calipers that eventually went on my car. I also kept an eye on deals as they became available. the wrecking yard i frequent has 50% off days that made getting the parts i need really cheap. as i recall the 5 lug axles were under $10, the front spindles were like $30 for the pair, and i got the brake pads on a black friday deal at Pep Boys. you get the idea.

i run 17 X 9 with a 245 on the front, and a 17 X 10.5 with a 315 on the rear with an 8.8 from my donor car 88 Mustang GT that i drove in College.

it can be done. good luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schrader. Thanks a ton for the info. Your car looks great. Where are you located. SC I assume. I'm also from sc. Not too far from Charlotte nc. Had mine for little over a month. Just got it tagged yesterday. Woo hoo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts