Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after 3 weeks and a few mishaps, the car is back from paint. 4 coats of House of Color Brandywine Kandy over 2 coats of Platinum Metallic with pearl added. It looks almost black until the sun hits it, then it really pops. The stripes? Funny you should ask...carbon fiber pattern to mimic the dash. All in all, I'm pretty happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Absolutely Gorgeous! The HOK paint is damn good.

Jack

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Wow

Realy love it!

Thé stripes are stunning.

Mk4

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
That is an incredible paint job! Well done!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Awesome!

Wow!!!! is right. Can't wait to see that one finnished.....

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
WOW that looks incredible! I bet it looks even better in person in the sun!

-Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, the cat is out of the bag...we laid out the stripes, then painted them black. Next we laid out the "drawer liner" like you use in tool boxes and shot silver through it. Then candy over that and...viola! The sucky part is I have to ship out for 4 months this weekend, so it won't be on the road until spring. :sad:

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
483 Posts
Yep, the cat is out of the bag...we laid out the stripes, then painted them black. Next we laid out the "drawer liner" like you use in tool boxes and shot silver through it. Then candy over that and...viola! The sucky part is I have to ship out for 4 months this weekend, so it won't be on the road until spring. :sad:
What I think is cool about the effect of that technique is that is has a snake skin appearance. VERY COOL!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.