Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the car here to measure but is a 7x16 enclosed trailer too small to haul a Cobra? I'm thinking I may be able to get it in there but then not have enough room to physically get out of the car. I ask b/c this trailer would be small enough to pull with my suv where the 8.5 x 22 is way too big for it. Thanks.
Raul

·
Senior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
You are located in Georgia, not far from a Serpent Express delivery point. You should check them out!

Tom

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom,
I already talked to Larry this morning. They do not have any trailers available right now that I could use. I definitely appreciate him calling me though and I am going to look into getting one soon since they are small enough to pull with my suv.

·
16,719 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Raul,

NOT too small. I have a 16' Cargo Pro enclosed trailer. Perfect size for the cobra and other projects for me. It actually has a point on the front that extends 3-4' beyond the 16' cargo area. Also tall enough to stand up in. All aluminium construction so easy to pull with my F150 truck. SUV would be about the same tow. I've pulled a cobra a couple times and we didn't have any problem getting in/out.

Mike M.

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike,
Thanks. How wide is your trailer? I'm more concerned about the width and having enough room to get out of the car after I drive it into the trailer.
Raul

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
A completed FFR is about 14 feet long and the body is about 6 feet wide at the most, with sidepipes figure damn close to 7.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
732 Posts
Rear tires are widest point on mine. 73". 155" approx.length without quick jacks on yet. 7x 16 should be adequate, but how to open the door and get out? A trailer is made out of metal. As such, it could have a door cut out where you would need to have one. Also a small hatch could be added so you could reach in and tie your car down. Imagination. Goodluck, Glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts