Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it seemed like this would NEVER happen, but it's got a temporary plate right now, and I just gotta brag a little.

I've got Halibrand Cobra IIIs with 245 and 275-17s ready to go after the body, paint, and other details, but it is WAY driveable. It sure feels good to see it this far.

God willing it will be in the graduating class of 2007 with all the other fine cars from FFR.

I may have turned all the wrenches, BUT, I didn't build this thing alone.

I got loads of help here on the forum.

Thanks to all you forum members involved.

FROM THIS

AND THIS

TO THIS IN 7.5 MONTHS

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
I think you can brag a lot! Great progress man!

·
Tool Collector
6,608 Posts
Better take a look at that garage roof. It appears to be snowing in the garage.

Bye the way, your donor was almost as beat up as mine.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Looking good. What color have you decided on? Pete

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, but your Mustang looks like it has a few straight panels left, mine had only one good fiberglass rear sail panel. CarFax says impact with stationary object. Looked like five or six stationary objects on it's way to it's resting point.

Motor and trans were fine, 42,000 miles and price was right.

Snowing inside? Nope. That was fresh snow from dragging the FRR down my alley on Stewarts' dolly. Garage roof is fine, but thanks for the heads-up Frank. haha

Silver with black stripes? Black with silver stripes? Black with no stripes?

Thanks guys.

I'm gone now sunning myself in the FFR before the rain starts up again.

·
Junior Charter Member
147 Posts
Looks good I hope i'm that far along 7.5 months from now!

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Wow, I'm 8 months in and not even a roller yet. I took most of the summer off to spend with the family and just now getting back to the build.

Great Job!

Andy

·
Senior Charter Member
2,424 Posts
Looks great!

Waiting on mine. Should be here in 2-3 weeks and I can't wait.

My 94 was in similar condition but included dead mice and droppings to boot :( You did a fantastic job, I hope mine turns out as well!

Jerry

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck to all you huys. oooooooh droppings, yuck. Watch out. Out west there is some kind of rodent carried henta (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) virus or something that can kill you if you breath dust from the droppings while cleaning them up. Not sure if it's a problem up here in God's country.

Hey, it occurs to me that if we are using all this stuff from crashed donors, we are more than gas guzzling hot rodders. We are environmentalists recycling automotive parts that may otherwise end up in a landfill.

My wife was worried about me telling folks of the crashed donor. I say, why hide it? The running gear (sans rear end in my case) is all good, why worry?

·
1,752 Posts
1 Year Ago,

And this,

And this,

And this,

To This As Of Today....

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice job Rich. Hey, is that Satan I saw standing on the blue bin, next to your tool box?

Better get a young Preist and an old Preist to visit your garage. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts