Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to Tom Kirkham and my car should be ready next week! He sent a few pics just to tease me.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Super Moderator
29,522 Posts
Gorgeous! But why does it have a 427 style roll bar and not the forward braced 289 style?

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, I made a few changes for, basically, my comfort. The forward bar intrudes on my shifting shoulder and is uncomfortable for cruises, so we went with the 427 bar. The gauge layout is designed for my best line of site. It has dropped footboxes, so will need some work on the exhaust. Tom feels that only sidepipes will fit, but I'm going to look hard before I go that way. Bottomline, a few changes to allow me to fit better and drive longer!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mark I didn't know that ffcars had this section in the forum... I'm glad I found it. Man this thing is just beautiful,,, what type of finish are you planning for the frame because it too is a work of art and should be treated with something better than powder coat.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I got a bit out of control and ordered a stainless steel frame. It will go naked!

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a matter of time now. Made the final payment (ouch) and pick up should happen next week. I should have a car in a week or so!

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah...go ahead and try it!

I just spoke to David and it looks like Intercity is picking my car up today!

·
Torque Junkie
2,167 Posts
Danner I like seeing a miata in a garage filled with kirkhams.
That Miata is likely Thomas K's as I believe he races in a spec series.

Mark congrats on the car you will love the way it drives. That coil spring chassis under a 289 body is a sweet way to go..

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just found out that he will be here on Monday!

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry just called. He is picking up a car in Richmond, VA early tomorrow and then heading up to me. My car should be here tomorrow afternoon!

Camera is fully charged and ready!

·
Charter Member
2,565 Posts
Mark,

Way to go!! Looking forward to lots of pics of the beast. Are you painting or polishing?

Garry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts