Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking going the 94-95 donor route and by looking for one it seems there quite a few cheap 6 cyl models available, is the running gear usable from these? would the transmission rearend suspension etc be the same as a 5L model? I would find a 5L motor separately . Thanks for any info

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,306 Posts
Salut

Hi the most economical way to go here in Quebec is to find a running car, that you can use. At least you are certain that alle the mecanics do work the way it should (or you know what`swrong with it).Then you juste remopve all you need and sell off on KiJIJI or LEsPacs all that you can (you should get between 1500 to 2000$ out of the unused parts). so this way it helps paying for the donor. has for the 6 cylinder engine I do not have the answer you are looking for...Sorry

Check for cars that have been rolled over they are automaticaly declare graetly damage so the insurance compagny scrap them immidiatly. Mine 2003 GT had only 40 000 mile on it..

hope this helps

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
i believe the drivetrain and rearend is not the same. and they are 4lugs.

·
Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts
Find a '89 - 95 8cyl 5.0L. Depending on your skills if you go carbed it might not even need to be running that well. As mentioned a wrecked one would be the way to go if possible. I real rusted out car can also work. A stripped track car could work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts