Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the canuck site, but I'm still so excited, I thought I'd post it for all the world to see....

Well, 10 months and 1 day from when the crate sat in my driveway, #5634 snorted, bellowed and hollered to life just past noon hour EST today. Honestly, other than a minor fuel leak at the regulator (easily fixed!) and another at the Power Steering/Heidt's Valve (also easily fixed!), there were no problems.

The thing went wuh, wuh, WHAAAAAAAAAM on the first push of the starter button. If I have any "Grinchy" neighbours, they would have been saying "oh the noise, noise, noise" a la Boris Karloff.

About 10 friends and family witnessed the "blessed" event (it was Sunday, after all), and we caught a lot of it on video - someday I'll learn to post pictures and videos, I promise. (I know, no pictures, it didn't happen).

We let her run for about 10 minutes at 2500RPM - oil pressure stayed at 60-70 psi, rad warmed up right away, water temp went to and stayed at about 85, and voltage stayed at 14.5. The headers turned a nice pink hue after 10 minutes, so we thought it might be a good idea to let it idle for a spell - another 5 minutes of this and we shut it down - nothing better than the way a high compression engine just STOPS, is there.

No coolant leaks, no oil leaks, very little smoke and it only farted once through the Demon 650.

We started her up later in the afternoon after the masses had left, did a preliminary carb set-up, then shut her down. I had put about 18 litres of Sunoco 94 in the tank, and fuel pressure was down to 3psi - hopefully, the fuel pickup is a little bit high in the tank.

We finshed off by changing the oil and filter, and decided against a short go-cart ride as the alignment is wayyyyyy out.

Six hours later, I'm still woozy and stink of raw fuel - is this fun or what!!!!

·
644 Posts
Congrats! PICS PICS PICS!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOW, HOW, HOW???

·
Registered
43 Posts
congrats!

i am not an expert and i am not exactly sure how to post pics but i would try it that way:

first load the pictures up. use imageshack for example http://img1.imageshack.us/

make sure to copy the complete link to your picture!

then go to the full reply form.

press image and there paste the url to the image.

i hope this works
good luck
Patrick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep it works that way.

use the last link at the bottom of the hosting page after uploading your picture.

My wife and me at Revere Beach in Boston last weekend.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah, where are the Pics? :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congratulation. now - Where are the pics...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.