Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
you couldn't have found a better shop to do the work. As FABULOUS as Russ's paint work is, its the body work that really shines....Many of the holes will have to be re fiberglassed and relocated a bit...lets face it WE built these cars and everyone sits a bit different. And Russ has a real gift for this stuff....amazing man..amazing shop.

Mine came out of there in Imperial majistic Blue ( dark blue) with wimbledon white stripes and looks freakin fabulous!!!!! Got 1,000 miles on it in 4 months, and i live on an island!!

R Ray - Nantucket

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Nice work Michael.

As always.

· Charter Member
2,034 Posts
Car and dash look great Mike. How many is this for you now? What do you like to use for adhesive on the dash? I want to redo my dash this winter and put in a new glove box. I used the Permatex adhesive the first time around and it has held up well but I am looking for other (good) options in terms of adhesive. Congrats!

· Banned
2,213 Posts
Masterfully done!!!

7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe this is kit #32 but have lost count. I use the 3M #90 spray adhesive. Its the one in the green can. I never use the FFR supplied dash covering. It is too hard to get it to adhere to the back side with the foam already on it. Instead I buy closed cell foam with an adhesive back from McMaster-Carr and cover the dash with that and trim it to the edge instead of wrapping it around. Then I finish it off with the Vynil covering from Jo-Ann fabrics. Its an exact match for FFRs cover.
Mike

7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Body is all painted and ready for the final buff and clean up. I will be picking it up on Friday, and hopefully dropping it off at its new home on Sunday. Here are some pictures.
Body was painted at Dartmouth Collision in Dartmouth MA.

· Banned
2,213 Posts
Beautiful color. Love it!!!

· Registered
210 Posts
That looks fantastic!!! That blue now has me rethinking my own eventual color choices (damn!!!). Out of curiousity, any idea of Russ used a tapered stripe? I was trying to eyeball it and the body pics looks like it might have a slight taper, but the hood and trunk pics look like they might not.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
The paint looks great and it only took six weeks instead of the six months my guy took. I look forward to the finished pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.