Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually sprayed it last week but I've been busy at work and we've been on vacation (Hilton Head, very nice.) and I haven't had time to post.

All in all, I think it turned out very nice. I only got one small run in the clear, and only one suicidal bug that will buff out no problem. This was my first basecoat-clearcoat job too! I was kind of intimidated at first but I really like it now that I've used it.

I'll post more pics when I get it all bolted back together. By the way, it's 97 Ford code KM royal pearl blue -
(Or as one guy at DVSF called it 'bellybutton blue')

The stripes are perfomance white, I forget the code but it was a 97 color also.

·
Junior Charter Member
719 Posts
Great looking car, be especially proud that you did the work yourself. Please post more pics when complete

Now drive that thang!!!!!

Matt

·
FFCobra Fanatic
394 Posts
Congrats! and might I add, yu did a beautiful job! I am envious. I don't have the patience to do the paint myself. That is just awesome. Your Friend BenC

·
Junior Charter Member
785 Posts
Looks like you did the paint with the body on the frame. Any particular reason why? I'm still debating this.

Man, I'm FFR 5056 and I'm months away from paint. You are cruz'n. Nice Job!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I have a new respect for SRP, Batman, Gordon, and all the other guys who do these on a regular basis. It is very time and labor intensive. The prices they charge look like a real bargain after you figure in just what the materials cost. (I have over $1000 in paint, primers, and fillers.)

Originally posted by Real 2 Me:
Looks like you did the paint with the body on the frame. Any particular reason why? I'm still debating this.

Man, I'm FFR 5056 and I'm months away from paint. You are cruz'n. Nice Job!!
Thanks again! But no, it was painted on the buck, I just can't find those pics right now. I would definitely reccomend painting it off the chassis. By the time you taped it all up you could have the body off, and I think you'd still end up with overspray to clean up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
mojogator

Great job!! :eek: What did you have for a paint booth? Any special equipment other than the obvious?

Mike

·
Orbiting FFCobra.com
778 Posts
You can lay a clear plastic sheet over the chasis, then bolt down the body and spray on the chasis without worrying about overspray. My painted did that, and I didn't have anything to clean up. Course, he did all the bodywork with it on the chasis, too, and that left a TON of crap to clean up... I think that was before the plastic.

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts