·
Senior Charter Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi tomorrow 1
hi thursday 2
hi friday 1

Its too damn cold to do anything :eek:

Ok maybe I can find a few things to do :rolleyes: but its COLD!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,802 Posts
We had our 2 weeks of winter already. The wind chill was really bad.

·
Charter Member
328 Posts
It's already -4 here and supposed to be around -20 or worse by morning. I don't think I'll try to heat the garage tonight to work on the car... I think it's surf the net and read car magazines! No wrenchin!
Mike in Maine

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Hood hinge retrofit is done, I've got to pick the car up from the body shop at 11am.....Guess I'll have the Cobra out on Wednesday one way or the other. Forcasted high supposed to be a high of 17, a low of 9 and windchills in the -1 to -15 degrees..........

Bill S.

PS: yes, I'm crazy, but most of you already knew that :eek: :D :eek:

·
Snake Charmer
3,464 Posts
well ......... I have a problem

No matter how much knocking and tapping on this therometer I do it stills reads 64 degrees as of right now.

Could it be broken ? :D

Then again, shorts and t-shirt don't really lie. :cool:

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
I'm in Miami where its in the 70's. Next week (thursday) I am heading up to Northern Vermont to do some snowboarding. I've been watching the weather channel hoping that maybe by then it won't be soo darn cold. BUT at the same time, its still gotta stay freezing so my snow won't melt

·
4,318 Posts
Life here at Inversionville...17to 20 go to the ski resorts and bask in the sunlight at 40+

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Howdy,

It's in the upper 60's here. I was working on my new shop today just wearing short sleeve shirt. Oh, yea, pants too. :D

Paul

·
Senior Charter Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jim,
I spent every winter weekend for the last 10 years riding in tug hill (Until I sold my sled last year :( ) From high market to big moose. Great riding :cool:

Greg

·
Charter Member
750 Posts
Yep Greg,when we have no local riding, we head for the hill. Last year we never had to haul our sleds north. Great season here, and we have a fantastic club that kept the local trails groomed. Just got a new RX-1 4-stroke and am dying to try it out on the hill.
Ergie

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Almost sounds like a warm Canadian winter with those temps :D
We had -40 and with the windchill -53 a week ago :eek:
My Cobra still starts in the heated garage ;)

enjoy the cold while it lasts :rolleyes:

Gord FFR 2359

·
Senior Charter Member
654 Posts
The Chevy was making the strangest noises tonight -30, -43 with the windchill is really hard on the fan belt. I can't imagine what the windchill is at 100 kmh.
For you Yanks - the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales cross at -40.
Finally got the go cart to idle properly and it's too cold to open the garage door!!
Ah well - great weather for spending weekends in the shop - sanding, priming, sanding, priming only 10 weeks til April Boys!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
I've been working outside all morning. I have so many layers of clothes on that I can't raise my arms past halfway.

The only thing that is cold on me now is my face.

Then the fun part is when you go into the office at 70 degrees and have to take all the stuff off...Thgen put it all back on when you go back out....Geeeesh!

Oh yeah -4, wind chill at the airport of -15. Not so bad....

Ooooohhhh I just got a tingly feeling. I think my boys are starting to thaw out! :eek: :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
The good thing about the cold weather is that if you happen to have just bought a racecar that the soundproofing wasn't removed (I did), it's really easy to remove....who needs dry ice?

·
Super Moderator
29,555 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but what happens to the oil when it's that cold and your car sits for days, or weeks? What happens when you finally start it?

2FAST

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.