Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I want to do a 5 lug conversion on my FFR this winter. Can anybody list out the exact parts I need, and whether these are production Ford and/or replacement parts that can be easily located? The car has 4 lug front and rear, with standard width Ford 8.8 axle and rear drum brakes. (I don't want to do a rear disc conversion at this time.)

Also, I am interested in a set of 15 inch Halibrand-look 5 lug wheels, any good advice on brand, offset, etc? By chance anybody selling a nice used set?

Finally, my current wheels are pretty nice looking and in brand new condition. They have black centers, chrome outer rims, and 3 prong knock offs. They are 15 inch, 4 lug mags. Anybody interested?

·
Snake Farmer
10,299 Posts
I believe a common switch is the Lincoln Town Car 5 lug rotors are used for the front, and the rear axles are replaced with two right hand ones from a Ford Ranger pick up truck. I think there is an Aerostar van that uses the same length axles with 5 lugs as well. Sorry I'm not exactly sure what year vehicles. Someone should be able to chip in with that info..

Used or new, they should be readily available with a little searching.

There are Halibrand copy's available in 4 lug, in case you didn't know.

Post a picture of your current wheels.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a set of Compomotive HB Cobra wheels and new Goodyear Eagles, spinners, lug nuts, 5 bolt Ford pattern, (Changing car to FiA knock offs) make me an offer, e-mail me your e-mail for pictures

·
Cobra Nutcase
1,633 Posts
It is a very easy swap. For the fronts you just need the Lincoln MKVII rotors. For the back You just need the axles, which is a Ford part. I believe Forte's sells a complete conversion kit, so you might want to check with him.

Rob

·
Junior Charter Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Bruce, My email is [email protected]. I'd be very interested in seeing a photo of your tires and wheels. Assume they are mounted up and balanced as assemblies? (Or would you be willing to sell just the wheels?) Thanks, Frank

·
Junior Charter Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All, Thanks so much for the quick information -- one of the best things about owning an FFR is the friendly people you meet on this website. Thanks again, Frank

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Frantav327,
I have axles & brake kits with all new parts with hardware for $660.00. Everything is in stock.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,034 Posts
Call Mike or Mark at Breeze!!! You can get the stuff locally at PepBoys or whatever but when you walk in there and they ask what make,what year,what model, you will know it will be a long day.It's all regular Ford stuff, but knowing what exact model Lincoln or Aerostar to get it for is not always fun to figure out.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lug conversion parts car model?

Call Mike or Mark at Breeze!!! You can get the stuff locally at PepBoys or whatever but when you walk in there and they ask what make,what year,what model, you will know it will be a long day.It's all regular Ford stuff, but knowing what exact model Lincoln or Aerostar to get it for is not always fun to figure out.
Hi Gang,
Anyone know which model and year I need to search the junk yard for to get the needed parts to convert from 4 to 5 lug wheels?
Thank you very much,
Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts